With this visa what you can
- stay in Australia permanently.
- work and study in Australia.
- enrol in Australia’s public health-care scheme, Medicare
- sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- travel to and from Australia for next 5 years
- if eligible, become an Australian citizen
Newly arrived residents may have to wait before they can access certain Australian Government payments and benefits.
How long you can stay here
This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. The visa has a travel component that expires 5 years after the date of visa grant.
You become a permanent resident on the day grant the visa.
For citizenship purposes, your permanent residency starts on the day:
- we grant the visa, if you are in Australia
- you enter Australia on this visa, if you are outside Australia
You can include members of the family unit in your application. You can:
- include them when you lodge your visa application
- add them after you lodge your application but before we decide on your visa.
If your partner or dependent children are not included in this application, to assist us in processing your visa please tell us the reason why.
The visa costs AUD4,115 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
To work out what your visa will cost use the Visa Pricing Estimator.
You might have to pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English. This charge is called the second instalment. Pay it only when we ask you to. We ask for the charge only if we are going to grant the visa.
The second instalment charge for family members is AUD4,885.
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when we decide your application but not in immigration clearance.
If you apply in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a Subclass 010 Bridging A visa, a Subclass 020 Bridging B visa or a Subclass 030 Bridging C visa, otherwise your application will not be valid.
- 25% of applications: 4 months
- 50% of applications: 7 months
- 75% of applications: 8 months
- 90% of applications: 22 months
We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how quickly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration program
You can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want for 5 years from the date we grant the visa. After 5 years you will need a Resident Return (RRV) visa (subclass 155 or 157) to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident.
We will digitally link your visa to your passport. You will not get a label in your passport.
यहाँ प्रकाशित कुनै समाचारमा तपाईंको गुनासो भए हामीलाई इमेल गर्न सक्नुहुनेछ । इमेलमा तपाईंले आफ्नो विचार वा विश्लेषण, सल्लाह र सुझाव पनि पठाउन सक्नुहुनेछ । firstname.lastname@example.org हामीसँग तपाईं फेसबुक र ट्विटरमा पनि जोडिन सक्नुहुन्छ ।